Here is What We’ve Done
- Modernization – June/July/Aug – modernization of our First Grade classrooms.
- Western Elementary Schools Summer Learning Camp – June 24-July 12: Our Summer School Learning Camp with all four western elementary schools’ students at Brownsville Elementary was successful. The STEM curricular continued to be a big hit with the students and teachers – students learned to take risks and problem-solve.
- Kindergarten Camp – July 16-18: What a joy to see our future step right into the joy of learning with others during kindergarten camp!
- Summer Professional Learning – June/July/Aug: Teachers enrolled into summer professional development courses to expand their horizons with community conversations, math, reading, technology, Responsive Classroom and Safe Brain/Trauma-informed learning spaces!
Here is What We’re Doing Next
- All teachers return on Aug. 12-20 for Pre-service week to prepare for the new school year!
Here is How You Can Help
- Our Open House is Mon, August 19 from 5:00 to 6:30 pm.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your child to meet his/her teacher. I am delighted to have Transportation, Child Nutrition – Cafe Manager, PTO, Quick Start Tennis, Girl Scouts and Crozet Library to join us at our Open House.
- Our teachers and staff are excited to meet and greet your family. You may bring in your child’s supplies at this time or if you had purchased PTO’s First Day of School Supplies, your child’s school supplies will already be here.
Our mission every day is to establish a community of learners and learning, through relationships, relevance and rigor, one student at a time. With this spirit and belief, we (faculty & staff) look forward to another exciting school year of getting to know our students, working with you to support their development, maximize their potential and reach their dreams.