What defines GREATNESS

I looked up the word great to revisit the meaning and what does this word signify because it is used all the time to describe an emotion, experience or event.  I discovered many definitions based on how it is used – large in size, highly significant, wonderful, important, first rate, very good, distinguished, prominent, remarkable in skill and exceptionally outstanding.  When I reflect on the essence, growth, change, community and character of our school, I would say that our school is GREAT! It is great because of its rich background history of being named after Claudius Crozet, a french civil engineer, educator and co-founder of VMI, its rich geographic location nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, its rich community of local businesses, churches, farms, orchards, wineries/breweries, parks, trails, gaps & hollows, country stores, its rich parent community of care, compassion and support to what’s right and its future generation (our students) that our school is blessed and honored to educate and prepare them for the 21st century.

Crozet Elementary is a GEM – something liken to or prized as such a stone of its beauty or worth.  With its uniqueness and grandeur, we stand with the University of Virginia and the Steward School of Richmond (private school) gleaming with a national honor of being 2015 United States Department of Education Green Ribbon School with academic achievement as an indicator.  So as you view the images below, I hope you see the greatness in Crozet Elementary on the broader horizon not defined only by numbers.  So dig deeper as Great Schools.org would say – look at test scores, talk to parents of Crozet Elementary and visit our school.

2 thoughts on “What defines GREATNESS